Thursday, November 10, 2011

Late Night at The Horn Center

During the late hours of California State University Long Beach's operation, lights come off, buildings close, and the remaining students on campus weigh in on their favorite places to study after hours. Chrisselle Espiritu is an Accounting Major, sitting in the far corner of The Horn Center. Her main draw of the location is it's atmosphere. "It motivates me to study more. It's really relaxing. The chairs are great." She believes that the casual nature of the horn center gives students an edge that most places on campus after hours don't offer. "At the library, I have to sit. I can't even put my legs up. I have to sit down, and that's the only way I can relax there. Because I study for three or four hours, I need a place to eat, drink and talk." She belives this type of habits are common to the center. "I actually witnessed a person knocked out, his alarm went off, he woke up and went to class. It's a good place to sleep, and to rest, while some of us had a long day at work, and just need to get that edge."

The center proves popular for Accounting students who are tired of making the trek into the library. Two accounting majors, sitting in the crossroads of the center, however, are split. "It just takes a long time to get to the library, and to park, so we try to find a table, and we waste fourty five minutes getting to the library, and all of our classes are in the CVA, which is a five minute walk." One student considers why her fellow accounting majors prefer the Horn Center to the library. "People are freaked out by the basement, or they don't got there. It smells a little bit like feet." Others don't have a choice. "This is my first time here. It's very echo-y. I don't like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment